by Daniel Ruiz, Senior Solutions Architect
There is a growing demand for iOS devices in the enterprise to provide users with remote connectivity to Citrix XenDesktop and Citrix XenApp resources. A common issue with iPad/iPhones is the keyboard lag when utilizing Microsoft Office 2013/2016. This drastically degrades the user experience making it unusable for a production deployment.
When looking under the hood, there is a performance problem in certain mode of the graphics protocol implementation of the Citrix Receiver for iOS.
You can see the difference in performance for iOS devices in the before and after videos below.
- Open “regedit” as an administrator.
- Navigate to HKLM\Software\Citrix\Graphics\
- Create a new “DWORD (32-bit) Value”
- Name the new DWORD “TextOptimization”
- Enter the hexadecimal value data of “1” and reboot your system.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.