Citrix Announces a New Citrix Workspace App Vulnerability
by Daniel Ruiz
Senior Solutions Architect
Citrix announces a new Citrix Workspace App vulnerability. Customers should upgrade to a fixed version as soon as possible or check if the version they are running has been automatically updated.
- The vulnerability could result in a local user escalating their privilege level to SYSTEM on the computer running Citrix Workspace app for Windows.
- It only exists if Citrix Workspace app was installed using an account with local or domain administrator privileges. This includes installations done via a CM Task Sequence (using the SYSTEM account).
- Does not exist when a standard Windows user installed Citrix Workspace app for Windows.
- Citrix Workspace App earlier than 2105
- Citrix Workspace App earlier than 1912 LTSR CU4
- Citrix Workspace App 2105 and later
- Citrix Workspace App 1912 LTSR CU4 and later cumulative updates
- Citrix Workspace app for Windows is available from the following Citrix website locations:
If you would like more information or assistance from our industry-leading team of Citrix experts to plan and execute the upgrade, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.