Citrix Gateway integration with Storefront Issue
by Daniel Ruiz
Practice Lead, Citrix Technologies
Citrix recently announced an issue with Citrix Gateway integration with Storefront. Users accessing Custom Themes based on RFWebUI may get stuck at a spinning circle after credentials are entered. The problem appears to occur for users connecting via Chrome or Chromium update version 100.0.4896.60 (Official Build) (64-bit). At this moment, the issue has been observed with Citrix ADC, formally known as Citrix NetScaler version 13.0 Build 83.29
Citrix does not have a fix now; however, it is expected to release a firmware upgrade which could affect custom themes based on the RFWebUI theme.
- Switch back to default RFWebui Theme with no customizations.
- Use Firefox instead of Chrome or Chromium based browsers including Microsoft Edge.
- Make a copy of the plugins.xml file located in /var/netscaler/logon/themes/<customThemeName>/plugins.xml as safety measure.
- Edit the file, /var/netscaler/logon/themes/<customThemeName>/plugins.xml; find all occurrences of \\d and replace them with \d within the session <pluginAssistant> html5 and protocolHandler only.
- Save the file.
- Flush NS cache using NSCLI command “> flush cache contentgroup loginstaticobjects“
- Setting the AAA page to not be cached also can help. “set aaa parameter -enableStaticPageCaching NO“
- Citrix Gateway integration with Storefront
- Custom Themes based on RFWEBUI
- Chrome Version updated to 100.0.4896.60 (Official Build) (64-bit) or later triggers the issue.
- Users are stuck at a spinning circle
- Chrome version 99 works
- Firefox current version 98.0.2 Works.
- Observed at NS13.0: Build 83.29.nc but may be present at others.
If you would like more information or assistance from our industry leading team of Citrix experts to plan and execute the upgrade, please contact us at email@example.com.